Saturday, May 18, 2013

Herbals: Kratom Therapy's Superior Red Dragon Kratom

Hello Friends!

Today's review is featuring Kratom Therapy's Superior Red Dragon Kratom. As mentioned in previous entries, this strain has been touted as several individual's favorite strain of kratom, and I was eager to try it. Kratom itself has an enthusiastic following, and each person has their favorite strain, or mix of strains, to enjoy. This strain, however, is one that is not necessarily available through every retailer, so I looked forward to seeing what might be different about it as compared to others that have come across the trial desk.

The first thing I noticed is that this product does, in fact, have a mild reddish hue to it. The quality of the capsules is on par with other products from KT, so a very favorable appearance indeed. At less than $20 for 30 pills, the price was quite acceptable as well.

Still sitting in a state of pretty intense pain, I was sincerely hoping for some relief of pain and stress. I can safely say that for me, this strain had a mild pain relieving effect, and a significant stress relief effect. Within 40 minutes of swallowing 4g, I found myself zoning out to the point of catching the giggles. This euphoria state was quite enjoyable, and seemed to last for a longer time than experienced with other strains. Unfortunately, it didn't do a lot for the neuropathic pain but it did at least take the edge off. I suspect that combining this strain with Maeng Da would be a very pleasurable experience.

One thing that I did get to experience this time was what it was like to take a prescription narcotic with kratom. My doctor gave me Vicodin for the pain. Taking it with Red Dragon created an intense relief that completely erased all pain for at least an hour, if not longer. I honestly lost track. Unlike other substances I've admitted to using, my doctor did not have a problem with this one, and it did not keep him from prescribing pain killers. I cannot vouch for all physicians so proceed with caution. For the sake of being responsible with one's own healthcare, it's important to let them know when you are taking these types of things, but it's also important to be educated about it enough to tell them the what, why, and how of the supplements you choose to use.

I found that this strain, more than others, inspired copious sweating and elevated heart rate. I suppose this means that for some, it would act as a waking stimulant. For me, this effect usually inspires relaxation and sleep; a natural attempt to calm the heart rate I suppose. I recommend keeping your dosage  modest until you are aware of how it might affect you. Last thing we want to see happen is an unfortunate side effect for a great product.

Another experience I had with this strain was using some undefined incense with a decent dosage of Red Dragon. This, my friends, nearly floored me. On almost an empty stomach, I partook of this combination at a location away from home. I found myself struggling to keep myself together enough to get home and get something to eat. If you plan to do this particular combination, please do so with caution. Do not drive if you can at all help it! Plan to stay put for a little bit so that you can enjoy it while being safe at the same time.

Other things I recommend trying while enjoying this strain of kratom: stretching, watching a favorite movie or show, music, a nap, and eating. Even though the pain aspect was not significantly affected, I enjoyed using this strain quite a bit. I can understand why people have chosen it as a favorite. Depending on what you're looking for, Red Dragon could be your favorite too!

Overall, I will give it 7 out of 10 nods.

Pros:
Euphoria
Heightened daily experiences
Potentiator for other substances
Price

Cons:
Not as potent for pain
Over-stimulating in some cases

For a great price on this enjoyable strain, visit my friends at Super Fun Cave!


Buy Kratom Online!

2 comments:

  1. I've tried 90% of strains out there. I take it for pain as well as fatigue. Red Dragon is one of those that reacts to your own body, so can go either way as far as energetic or relaxing. For me it is my favorite of all strains with Borneo strains almost equal. I find Red Dragon does help with pain wonderfully!! Can still totally function no problem...wondering if because you took hydrocodone and one of the more potent kratom strains at the same time...is reason you reacted as you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what you mean? I took the strain with hydrocodone once, and that was the only time it clarified my neuropathic pain. Your comment seems to suggest that I was reporting a poor experience with this strain, which I was not?
      The side effects listed in this blog entry are not specific to the one time I took it with the narcotic pain medication. I simply mentioned the narcotic medication, as I had had the opportunity to combine them to see how they worked together. I also mention that I tried this strain while smoking marijuana.
      Red Dragon is not the best option for pain relief, in my opinion, though it can have some relief effects. I live with a severe pain condition, and thus, consider anything that can eliminate that pain to be particularly impressive. It was not able to do so.
      I'm not sure I would label this as "one of the more potent strains of kratom" out there, especially with the variety of options currently available. It definitely is proprietary, but overall, simply about as capable as anything else.

      Delete